OK, I was saying NO way is it this easy…… as long as autodiscover and EWS is working……
- Create acct without mailbox on both domains (i.e.ID: domainx.com\Freebusy, Pass: P@ssw0rd
- On Foobar
- Set-AvailabilityConfig -OrgWideAccount “domain1.com\freebusy”
- $a = get-credential (domain2.com\Freebusy, Pass: P@ssw0rd)
- Add-AvailabilityAddressspace -Forestname domain2.com -Accessmethod OrgWideFB -Credential:$a
- On Ex2010.net
- Set-AvailabilityConfig -OrgWideAccount “domain2.com\Freebusy”
- $a = get-credential (domain1.com\Freebusy, Pass: P@ssw0rd)
- Add-AvailabilityAddressspace -Forestname domain1.com -Accessmethod OrgWideFB -Credential:$a
And that’s it right?!
umm NO, that quite that easy… well it is IF you have internal DNS resolution and are syncing the contacts with the partner domain…
Interorg uses the INTERNAL URL for EWS which means that needs to be resolvable (This can be remedied by split DNS and change the internal URL or use WAN\VPN link to the partner network)
Also you must have contacts for the associated org in you org, best to use a tool like GALSync, ILM, or other identity management software.