When trying to move a mailbox you receive
MapiExceptionNoSupport: IExchangeFastTransferEx.TransferBuffer failed
- Exchange 2003
- Migrating to Exchange 2010 SP1
- You use a product that directly touches your mail boxes (i.e. Enterprise Vault)
- Moving between 2003 mail stores works
- Moving to 2010 RTM mail store may also work.
- Soma mailboxes may move ok but not all.
- Ran ISINTEG on the database to look for any logical corruption
- Tried moving to another mail store before migrating to 2010 SP1
- Permission on the mailboxes may have been changed by a 3rd party product.
- Exchange 2010 is more sensitive to proper permission setting on a mailbox
- Reset the DACL on the mail boxes with the issue
- Download FPDAVADMIN
- Install on a workstation
- Run PFDAVADMIN and connect to the specifc exchange server mailbox
- File –> Connect –> Select “All Mailboxes” and populate the Exchange and GC names.
- Expand mailboxes
- Right click the mailbox with the issue and choose fix folder DACL
- Try the move again